Iranian Journal of Fisheries Sciences- راهنمای نگارش مقاله
instruction for authors
|Clear images and colors
|Instruction for Authors
Type of paper: Research papers on fisheries and fishery-related subjects will be considered for publication. All material submitted must be original and unpublished works. Three categories of papers are considered for publication: “Original research papers”, “Short communications” and “Reviews”.
Manuscripts: Manuscripts should be written in English language in double spacing, and submitted in Microsoft office word document to: www.ijfs.ifro.ir or email@example.com
Guide for authors*:
- Title: Title should be brief and informative reflecting the purpose and content of the study (species should be identified by their scientific name).
- Author(s): The full name of the author(s) should be listed under the title.
- Affiliation(s): The affiliation and address of the author(s) should be stated, identifiable by an index number in case of more than one author.
- Abstract: An abstract not more than 250 words should be attached, identifying upfront the scientific working hypothesis and reporting on the key findings only.
- Keywords: Up to seven descriptive keywords should be listed.
- Introduction: The introduction should be brief (no extended review of literature) leading into the scientific working hypothesis of the study.
- Materials and methods: Materials and methods must be sufficiently detailed so that readers can exactly repeat the study.
- Results: The text of the results should interpret the findings and not repeat data already presented in Figures and Tables.
- Discussion: The discussion should focus on critical key issues (citing essential references pertinent to the critical issues of the paper).
- Tables: Tables should be numbered in the order they appear in the text. A brief title should be typed above each table, explaining in full all abbreviations and units used.
- Figures: A descriptive list of numbered figures should be attached. A brief title should be typed under each figure, clearly explaining all symbols and abbreviations depicted in the figures.
- References: The Harvard system of referencing has been adopted by the journal as follows. The full list of references should be in alphabetical order. Journals titles should be in full without abbreviation.
a) In the text:
1- Single author : Roberts, 2001
2- Two authors: Coad & Najafpour, 1997
3- Three or more authors: Rosenthal et al., 2001
4- Unknown author(s): (Anon., 2007)
b) In the references list:
1- Roberts, R.J., 2001. Fish Pathology. W.B. Saunders. 472P.
2- Coad, B.W. and Najafpour, N., 1997. Barbus sublimus, a new species of cyprinid fish from Khuzestan Province, Iran. Ichthyological Exploration of Freshwaters. 7(3):273-278.
3- Rosenthal, H., McGlade, J. and Gollasch, S., 2001. The role of aquaculture in integrated coastal zone management. Bulletin of Aquaculture Association of Canada. 101(1):5-10.
4- Anonymous, 2007. Annual report of the inter American Tropical Tuna Commission, 110P.
* Abstract, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgement, Tables and Figures should follow in sequence.
Note to authors:
Manuscript submitted to the journal should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere. Contributors should see the detailed instructions above.
Copyright and photocopying:
No reproduction of this journal is permitted without the prior permission in writing from the copyright holder. Special request should be addressed to Editor-in-Chief.
Single issues from current and recent volumes are available at the current single issue price from publisher.
The publisher and editors cannot be held responsible for errors or any consequences arising from the use of information contained in this journal. The views and opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of the publisher and editors.
Printed by: Amir Naghsh, No. 246, Labafinezhad Junction, South Kareghar Ave., Enghelab Square, Tehran